Last Updated 25/05/2018 | Version 1.1
We are committed to protecting your privacy and we want to ensure that you are fully informed about how we may use the information that we collect from you, how we store it and keep it safe.
There's a lot of information here but we want you to be aware of your rights. Something that is very important to us, is that you know that we do not sell or pass on any personal data to others for marketing purposes.
Kobi and Teal collects, stores or processes data in order to provide Services to Customers. This may include marketing of services, the processing of orders for Customers and customer support activities, or for the purposes of conducting corporate activities such as interacting with suppliers, job applicants or administration.
If you are unable to find the answer to your questions below, please do not hesitate to contact us.
Data Protection Law
The law on data protection sets out the different reasons for which a company may collect and process your personal data, including;
Consent In specific situations, we can collect and process your data with your consent. For example, when you tick a box to receive email newsletters or write your email address on our Mailing List in store. When collecting your personal data, we’ll always make clear to you which data is necessary in connection with a particular service.
Contractual obligations In certain circumstances, we need your personal data to comply with our contractual obligations. For example, if you order an item from us for home delivery, we’ll collect your address details to deliver your purchase, and pass them to our courier.
Legal compliance If the law requires us to, we may need to collect and process your data. For example, we can pass on details of people involved in fraud or other criminal activity affecting Kobi & Teal to law enforcement.
Legitimate interest In specific situations, we require your data to pursue our legitimate interests in a way which might reasonably be expected as part of running our business and which does not materially impact your rights, freedom or interests.
When do we collect your personal data?
• When you visit our website, and use your account to buy products and services, on the phone, or online.
• When you make an online purchase and check out as a guest (in which case we just collect transaction-based data).
• When you create an account with us.
• When you contact us by any means with queries, complaints etc.
• When you ask us to email you information about a product or service.
• When you enter prize draws or competitions.
• When you choose to complete any surveys we send you.
• When you comment on or review our products and services.
• When you fill in any forms. For example, if an accident happens at an event, we may collect your personal data.
We use third-party web beacons (Google Analytics) from Google to help analyze where visitors go and what they do while visiting our website.
- To identify you
- To customise our site for you
- To help improve navigation
- Most browsers are initially set up to accept cookies. If you prefer, you can set your browser to reject cookies. However, you will not be able to take full advantage of our web site if you do so.
None of the information collected via tracking technology is personally identifiable information.
What sort of personal data do we collect?
- If you have a web account with us: your name, billing/delivery address, orders and receipts, email and telephone number. For your security, we’ll also keep an encrypted record of your login password.
- Details of your interactions with us through email or online. For example, we collect notes from our conversations with you, details of any complaints or comments you make, details of purchases you made, items viewed or added to your basket and how and when you contact us.
- Details of your visits to our websites and which site you came from to ours.
Here’s how we’ll use your personal data and why:
- To process any orders that you make by using our website. If we don’t collect your personal data during checkout, we won’t be able to process your order and comply with our legal obligations. For example, your details may need to be passed to a third party to supply or deliver the product or service that you ordered, and we may keep your details for a reasonable period afterwards in order to fulfil any contractual obligations such as refunds, exchanges and so on.
- To respond to your queries, refund requests and complaints. Handling the information you sent enables us to respond. We may also keep a record of these to inform any future communication with us and to demonstrate how we communicated with you throughout. We do this on the basis of our contractual obligations to you, our legal obligations and our legitimate interests in providing you with the best service and understanding how we can improve our service based on your experience.
- With your consent, we will use your personal data, preferences and details of your transactions to keep you informed by email about relevant products and services including tailored special offers, discounts, promotions, events, competitions and so on.
Of course, you are free to opt out of hearing from us by any of these channels at any time.
Who do we share your personal data with?
If necessary, we may sometimes share your personal data with trusted third parties. For example, delivery couriers, to handle complaints, to help us personalise our offers to you and so on.
Here’s the policy we apply to those organisations to keep your data safe and protect your privacy:
- We provide only the information they need to perform their specific services.
- They may only use your data for the exact purposes we specify in our contract with them.
- We work closely with them to ensure that your privacy is respected and protected at all times.
- If we stop using their services, any of your data held by them will either be deleted or rendered anonymous.
Examples of the kind of third parties we work with are:
- IT company who support our website and other business systems.
- Operational companies such as delivery couriers.
What are your rights over your personal data?
You have the right to request:
- Access to the personal data we hold about you, free of charge in most cases.
- The correction of your personal data when incorrect, out of date or incomplete.
- For example, when you withdraw consent, or object and we have no legitimate overriding interest, or once the purpose for which we hold the data has come to an end.
- That we stop using your personal data for direct marketing (either through specific channels, or all channels).
- That we stop any consent-based processing of your personal data after you withdraw that consent.
You have the right to request a copy of any information about you that we hold at any time, and also to have that information corrected if it is inaccurate. To ask for your information, please email email@example.com. To ask for your information to be amended, please contact us by phone or email.
If we choose not to action your request we will explain to you the reasons for our refusal.
Your right to withdraw consent
Whenever you have given us your consent to use your personal data, you have the right to change your mind at any time and withdraw that consent.
You can stop direct marketing communications from us by:
- Clicking the ‘unsubscribe’ link in any email communication that we send you. We will then stop any further emails from that particular division.
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note that you may continue to receive communications for a short period after changing your preferences while our systems are fully updated.
Kobi & Teal strives, to the fullest extent possible, to provide accurate and updated content on this website. Unfortunately, there may occasionally be price changes, sold out goods and other unintentional errors on our site. We reserve the right not to be liable for these errors or changes and Kobi & Teal will not be liable for damages arising from the use of this website or the products sold here.
Online Payments are processed securely through Paypal. We can also accept payments over the phone on 07737 367 419.
Any dispute arising between a customer and Kobi & Teal will be settled in accordance with British Legislation.